Connect with us

Nansana armed thugs were spooked off by the alarm- Police says


Nansana armed thugs were spooked off by the alarm- Police says

Residents of Nansana Municipality, Wakiso District are in fear after a group of thugs armed with Pangas and breaking implements, attacked a home in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

A video spread on social media, indicating the attackers at the home of their victims.

However, ASP Luke Owoyesigyire the PROM KMP, says that immediately after watching the video, officers in charge of the different police stations, under Nansana Division, were contacted to establish if such an incident occurred and whether any of them had received any such information.

At that time, it established that no such incident had been reported anywhere within the division.

But a few hours later, the Division Crime Intelligence officer received information from the defence secretary of Nabweru North, who informed him that indeed thugs armed with Pangas and breaking implements had attacked premises of Paul Kayemba Sempijja in Nabweru North II, Kibwa in Nansana Municipality.

Owoyesigyire says that investigations were instituted immediately, and it has been established that this early morning at 3am a group of four men armed with pangas and breaking implements jumped over the perimeter fence and accessed the premises of Paul Kayemba in Kibwa, Nansana Municipality.

The premises have 11 residential rooms and have CCTV installed in the compound and at the gate.

As soon as they were in the compound, an alarm system alerted the residents who also made a verbal alarm prompting the thugs to take off.

It was further established that the small gate which also gives access to the premises had not been locked and the thugs used it to run away.

However, Owoyesigyire says that it is also not true that the police were informed of the incident as the victims themselves admit they didn’t inform the police.

They only tried to call the area defense secretary, but their repeated call went unanswered.

No property was stolen and no person was harmed as the thugs took off having sensed that their presence had been detected.

Efforts are underway to have the suspects arrested and prosecuted.

“We also want to advise members of the public to remain vigilant and report any such incidents through calling their nearest police stations.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Crime


Advertisement Enter ad code here
To Top