President Museveni appoints new Chairman Human Rights Commission, IGG & Permanent Secretaries
President Yoweri Museveni has appointed Ms. Marriam Wangadya as Chairperson of the Human Rights Commission.
The president made the announcement on Thursday evening.
He also appointed Ms. Lucy Nakyobe Mbonye as the Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet while Ms. Jane Barekye takes over as the State House Comptroller.
By the Powers given to the President under Article 223(4) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, Museveni also appointed former lands Minister, Beti Namisango Kamya the new Inspector General of Government.
She will be deputized by Anne Muhairwe.
Meanwhile, president Yoweri Museveni has appointed new Permanent Secretaries;
1. Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet- Lucy Nakyobe
2. Deputy Head of Public Service – Deborah Katurarau
And Secretary to Cabinet
3. State House Comptroller – Jane Barekye
4. Principal Private Secretary to the President – Dr. Kenneth Omona
5. Principal Private Secretary to the Vice President – Alex Kakooza.
6. Office of the Prime Minister – Keith Muhakanizi
7. Office of the President – Yunus Kakande
8. Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries – David Kyomukama Kasura (Maj. Gen}
9. Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs – Rosette Byengoma
10, Ministry of Education and Sports- Kate Lamaro
11. Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development- Batebe Irene
12. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Vincent Bagiire
13. Ministry of Finance, Planning And Economic Development
– Dr. Ramathan Ggobi
14. Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development
– Aggrey Kibenge
15. Ministry of Health – Dr. Diana Atwiine
16. Ministry of Internal Affairs – Joseph Musanyufu Lt.Gen
17, Ministry of Information, Communication, Technology – Dr. Amina Zawedde
18. Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs- Robert Kasande
19. Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development
– Dorcas Okalany
20. Ministry of Local Government – Senjemin Kumumancye
21. Ministry of Trade, industry and Cooperatives
– Geraldine Ssali
22. Ministry of Public Service – Catherine Bitarakwate
23. Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities
– Doreen Katusiime
24. Ministry of Water and Environment
– Alfred Okidi
25. Ministry of Works and Transport
– Bageya Waiswa
26. Secretary to the Judiciary – Pius Bigirimana
27. Health Service Commission – Mary T. Wenene
28. Public Service Commission – Dr. Godfrey Mbabazi
29. Judicial Service Commission – Dr. Nassali Lukwago
30. Ministry of Science, Technology And innovation – Abolished and retired
31. Ministry of East African Community Affairs – Edith Mwanje
32. Ethics and Integrity – Alex O. Okello
33. Clerk to Parliament – Hon. Adolf Mwesige
34 Inspectorate of Government – Kafeero Rose
35 Education Service Commission – Dr. Asuman Lukwago.