A total of 14 General officers, 604 Senior and junior officers and men of the Uganda People’s Defence Forces, UPDF have today 5th August 2021, retired from service.
According to Brig. Gen. Flavia Byekwaso, the UPDF spokesperson, the retirement ceremony for the Generals was set to be held at State House Entebbe whereas for the other retirees, it will be in their respective service HQs, formations and units.
“The MoDVA/UPDF recognizes their commitment, sacrifice, selflessness and dedication to offering security service to the country at a time where many shunned joining the liberation struggle in favor of maintaining the status quo” she noted.
Brig. Byekwaso added that because of their service, the country’s course of history has been over turned across all spectrum, from an almost total shutdown to a now robust and sound economy with guaranteed peace and stability in the entire country.
The 14 Generals are;
1. Gen Ivan Koreta
2. Lt Gen Pecos Onesmus Kuteesa
3. Lt Gen Jim Beesigye Owoyesigire
4. Maj Gen Christopher Kazoora Murema
5. Maj Gen Moses Wadimba Ssentongo
6. Maj Gen Robert Rusoke
7. Maj Gen Fred Mugisha
8. Maj Gen Innocent George Oula
9. Brig Gen Moses Kigongo
10. Brig Gen Jacob Asiimwe
11. Brig Gen Moses Shaban Lukyamuzi
12. Brig Gen Muhammed Abiriga
13. Brig Gen John Araali Kasaija
14. Brig Gen Frank Kanyarutokye