All stakeholders in the education sector have been urged to pay attention to the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Ministry of
Education and Ministry of Health, during the upcoming Primary Leaving Examination.
A total of 749,811 candidates are set to sit the final examinations tomorrow Tuesday 30th March and Wednesday 31st March 2021, at 14,300 examination centres.
According to UNEB, this number is more than those who sat last year by about 54,007 candidates.
The Information and National Guidance Minister Hon Judith Nabakooba told media over the weekend, that this is a demonstration that COVID-19 has not prevented children from finishing their primary education.
UNEB Executive Secretary Dan Odongo, says that 58 inmates have also been registered to sit the examination this year from Upper Prison School Luzira.
Now, Nabakooba says all stakeholders including; parents, teachers, and supervisors/invigilators should ensure that all guidelines are followed, to avoid exposing candidates to the killer disease.
This year’s examination is under the theme; Integrity and security in the management of examinations; the health and safety of learners is a joint responsibility.”
Odongo says head of examination centres MUST ensure that the health and safety SOPs as provided by the Ministry of Health, are fully observed.